This information is disclosed in accordance with the Securities Markets Act, the Financial Instruments Trading Act or demands made in the exchange rules.
Ratos's subsidiary Bisnode has signed agreement to sell the company "Wer liefert Was?"(WLW) in Austria, Germany and Switzerland to the German private equity company Paragon Partners. This divestment is part of Bisnode's strategy to focus on growth and development of the core business. The selling price amounts to EUR 79m (approx. SEK 710m) and is expected to generate a capital gain in Bisnode of approximately EUR 20m. In conjunction with completion of this deal, Bisnode will issue a dividend of approximately SEK 215m to its owners, of which Ratos's share will amount to approximately SEK150m.
WLW, which offers online search services for companies, has a leading market position in the German-speaking countries. The company was founded in 1932 and has approximately 200 employees and is headquartered in Hamburg. Sales in 2010 totalled EUR 31.1m. Bisnode acquired WLW in 2008.
Fredrik Åkerman, Acting CEO of Bisnode, comments: "WLW has developed well over the last four years and today has a good platform for growth in online supplier search services. Bisnode's strategy is to focus on development and growth of the core business. We have therefore decided to sell WLW since these operations have a different business model and limited synergies with our other business."
The selling price amounts to EUR 79m and the enterprise value is EUR 55.5m. The capital gain in Bisnode is expected to amount to EUR 20m. The average annual return (IRR) on Bisnode's investment in WLW amounts to approximately 29%. The transaction is expected to be completed during the first quarter of 2012. In conjunction with completion of this deal, Bisnode will issue a dividend of approximately SEK 215m to its owners, of which Ratos's share will amount to approximately SEK 150m.
Bisnode is a leading European provider of digital business information with services within market, credit and business information. Using Bisnode's services companies can increase their sales, reduce their risks and improve their day-to-day business decisions. Operations are conducted in 17 countries in Europe. Ratos's holding amounts to 70% and the remaining 30% is owned by Bonnier.
For further information, please contact:
Arne Karlsson, CEO, Ratos, +46 703 79 79 79
Fredrik Åkerman, Acting CEO, Bisnode, +46 704 15 23 65
Emma Rheborg, Head of Corporate Communications and IR, Ratos, +46 733 80 22 63