Diab is a global company that develops, manufactures and sells core materials for sandwich composite structures including blades for wind turbines, hulls and decks for leisure boats, and components for aircraft, trains, industrial applications and buildings. The core materials have a unique combination of characteristics such as low weight, high strength, insulation properties and chemical resistance.
In 2015 sales amounted to SEK 1,450m and EBITA to SEK 154m. Average number of employees 1,117.
(From Ratos's interim report January-June 2016)
- Adjusted for currency effects, sales increased +8% compared with the year-earlier period, with a continued strong trend in the TIA* and Wind segments, while demand in the Marine segment was weak. A certain level of recovery was noted in China during the second quarter, while other markets displayed favourable growth
- Planned growth initiatives resulted in higher costs, which were charged to earnings along with negative currency effects
- A new facility for IPN foam production in China opened in late June 2016
- In May, Airbus approved Diab’s recently developed F50 material, which represents a breakthrough for Diab in the Aerospace segment
* Transport, Industry, Aerospace.
Read more about Diab